Website U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
This position provides traffic control at all entries and exits for the Fayetteville NC, VA Coastal Health Care System (FNCVACHCS). The incumbent screens staff, Students, Contractors, Veterans and Visitors when entering the Fayetteville NC, VA Coastal Health Care System (FNCVACHCS) and/or at the main entrances to the Willington Health Care Center, Fayetteville Health Care Center and all Community Based Out-Patient Clinic (CBOC), when assigned. This is an unarmed security position.
- During emergency situations such as vehicle accidents, fires, etc., incumbent contacts the VA Police Communications Center for assistance.
- Incumbent will secure the area and/or relinquish control to VA Police or other emergency response personnel. In all cases, incumbent will follow guidance provided by VA Police personnel.
- Provides for the safety and security of the medical center while at entry control point by controlling traffic movement and being observant for suspicious or illegal behavior.
- The incumbent reports any issues to the VA Police Communications Center via radio for informational purposes only or to request assistance.
- Provides traffic control at designated entrances of the Salem VA Medical Center or specified CBOCs identified above.
- The Incumbent maintains a physical presence while monitoring and controlling ingress/egress to VA property ensuring people accessing the facility have a genuine need to do so.
- Directs and controls traffic flow, during peak periods of congestion to avoid traffic back-ups and to maintain safety of vehicles and pedestrians.
- Requests VA Police assistance when necessary if traffic back-up has potential to interfere with public roadways
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this job
- Subject to a background/suitability investigation
- Applicants may substitute one year above high school education for the experience required for the GS-03 level.
- A complete application package; Resume, Transcripts, etc.
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- 6 months of general experience. General Experience is described as progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of Security Clerk to be filled.
- May serve a probationary period
Company: U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Fayetteville, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A