Assists the Team Leader in all aspects of daily operations including profitability, expense control, buying, merchandising, labor, regulatory compliance and special projects as assigned. Leads and develops Team Members. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Assists Team Leader in analysis of sales, reports and labor.
- Provides timely, thorough, and thoughtful performance evaluations.
- Sets and achieves the highest standards of retail execution.
- Maintains awareness of customer flows and needs and directs Team Members as necessary to satisfy and delight customers; responds promptly to customer needs and questions.
- Functions as point person and departmental person in charge in absence of Team Leader
- Maintains good vendor relationships, develops new vendor relations, and ensures all paperwork is properly submitted for vendor processing.
- Works with Team Leader to achieve sales, purchasing, and labor targets.
- Fosters and encourages a positive environment of outstanding teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Selects, trains, develops, mentors, motivates, and counsels Team Members in a manner that sustains a high-performance team and minimizes turnover.
- Demonstrates advanced product knowledge and develops / maintains awareness of new products.
- Works with Team Leader to resolve team concerns or issues.
- Develops and maintains creative store layout and product merchandising.
- Consistently communicates and models WFM vision and goals.
- Growth mindset towards greater responsibility and ownership.
- High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for our products, core values, and company philosophy.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building, and customer relationship skills.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability, leadership skills, and ability to prioritize and delegate.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory and safety policies and procedures.
- Capable of teaching others in a positive and constructive manner.
- Product knowledge.
- Desire to coach and mentor others for growth
- Proficiency with email, Microsoft Office, and operations-related applications.
- Proficient mathematical skills for assessing financial performance, monitoring profitability, and managing inventory.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Birmingham, Al, US
Application Deadline: N/A